Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kid Cudi X Phlo Finister

Phlo Finister.

Okay, what to say what to say...This doll is soo dope Phlo or otherwise known as Elijah in the streets of LA has to be sooo far ahead of her time its beyond me. Shes a model/stylist/fashion editor for Persona Mag. She has been with Ye, styled for Electrik Red and so on...The girls only 17 and is from Los Angeles, CA. If all her other occupations werent enough, yeah she does go to school and yes her and partner and her are starting a sunglasses line, which is why I chose this pic to show them off!! Her innovative, unique, carefree style is expressed in every piece she puts on. Bringing me back to how I love when people have that IDGAF attitude! Dont be afraid to be different just because everyone is wearing jean jackets, plaid shirts, and tights does not mean you have to also, I can tell you that shopping in mass places like F21 and Urban Outfitters is a mold that retailers strongly believe in, when you shop in places like that your just being thrown in with all the hipsters that shop there. Lemme clarify, Im not knocking those places either! I worked for F21 as an assitant buyer and that's the way things work! All the consumers are brainwashed by whats "cool" and just fall into the retailers traps of fitting the mold...Be yourself guys and express your individuality. If people follow then hey so be it, its not about fashion its about STYLE and they are not the same!


Kid Cudi.





I recently found out he peeped out the blog so in an effort to show love back I am posting about a few people, him included and their dope style. I recently have been peeping his style more and more. My favorite style is the IDGAF types like Va$htie, Zoe Kravitz, Mary-Kate, Kanye, most of the people who saught out to be different, but make it look GOOD. Its not about wearing whats hot right now its about how you can take any regular garment and piece it up so dope that you make people just wanna copy the whole style, which in turn becomes a trend whether that was your intentions or not. Personally I feel like Cudi just wakes up and throws whatever on lights his blunt and is off in the city for the day, Enjoy...!


3 comments:

  1. True, and Cudi's a dope artist in my opinon...but our generation of people are real quick to follow someone, so when we get people like Cudi who are different in their own way, we gotta embrace em'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS POST!!!
    i told myself that i am not shopping at f21 anymore because i feel like a clone

    also i love the IDGAF look my favorites are VA$HTIE and Solange

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete