Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer time, PASSPORT..?

One on One with the Infamous Mik Jagga. So he has this dope line coming reaaal soon called PASSPORT. Interesting name per say, but none the less edgy, full of fun energy and sophistication. I got a chance to ask him a couple questions about the line to get a little more insight about this highly anticipated line he say's to drop over the course of the next yr in a step by step series.

What will PASSPORT consist of?
The line will consist of Apparel, footwear, acessories ( sunglasses, wallets, bags) men's and women's

What was your reason for creating PASSPORT and what were your inspiration behind it?
I was ready to do a brand that was a direct reflection of myself
the inspirations behind it: I have spent most of my life travelling and learning so much about other cultures, the brand is really the sum total of all
that experience.

Tell us a little about Mik Jagga:
hmmm? I'm 33, been designing about a decade, I've been livin in LA about 2.5 years now, moved here from Brooklyn. I ran
design departments in New York for Mecca USA, Echo, Zoo York, Rocawear etc, also co-founded Prohibit NYC in NY with
Dagan Ryan (Bodagan), this was my first non-corporate situation as well as my first entrepenural venture, I have'nt looked back
since. I Had a deal with the ROC for my denim brand Washhouse,co- founded the Greedy Genius brand of sneakers, and now
Passport...

Last but not least when are you expecting it to be released?
Branded tee's and GOOD music collabo tee's release first week of july, shoes drop first week of september,
first full collection will come in February ( spr. 2010 )



With that being said, hop on board make sure you get your PASSPORT and were...OFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment